Tuesday, October 20, 2009

It's a toss up..

Not sure who loved having DeeDee here more, me or Luke, but either way it was just awesome having her here.  Michael was on call both Friday and Sunday so it was a treat having my mom here to play on a weekend that otherwise would have been pretty long and lonely.  We always manage to pack a lot of fun into our time together, so this visit was no exception.  

Here's a quick recap of some of the fun we had:  we went apple and pumpkin picking, went out to dinner a couple of times, she taught me to sew (err...she sewed while Luke and I distracted her) a window treatment and closet drape to go in Luke's big boy room.  Today she helped me make homemade applesauce and my first ever homemade apple pie with the plethora of apples we have from our trips to the orchards lately.  I channeled my inner "suzie-home-maker" and felt quite proud of how all of that turned out.   (Of course we taste tested.)  

I have to say we have been spoiled with visitors this month.  It makes it seem like we aren't so far away from family when they can and do just hop on a plane to come see us.  Thanks for coming Mom.  It was such a treat. 




The trees keep getting better.
Luke wasn't sure about the hay ride.  It was COLD. 
Cider donuts are so yumm.  

Dork...I know. 

2 comments:

Jen said...

if you're a dork then so am i....i seriously have a BILLION pictures like this. only i'm wearing an apron, sweats and knee high boots b/c i just got them and i wanted to wear them :) not even kidding.

Team Trevino said...

That pie looks awesome, I'm super impressed. The apple orchard sounds so much fun!