Tuesday, October 6, 2009

campout

With Michael on vacation for the week we decided to be adventurous and try our hand at camping in the Michigan wilderness yesterday.  (By wilderness I mean a completely modernized camp site.)  I  hesitantly agreed to a "compromise" of only one night of camping since he wanted to go for a couple.  

We packed up the baby, the dog, a cooler and a tent to head up North and ended up finding a neat campsite on a river about an hour from our house.   We spent the rest of the day setting up camp, playing by the river, finding sticks and roasting hot dogs and marshmallows.   Fun for everyone.  Michael even got a little fishing in while Luke took a nap - oh happy day!   

Everything was going great until around 3:30 am when Luke decided he was done camping.  He woke up screaming and didn't act like he was going to quit anytime soon.  We tried warming him up in the car for a while but it just wasn't happening.  By this point Kirby was wide awake, as were a lot of our camping neighbors so we decided our trip was over.  That's right!  We packed up our campsite and headed home at 3:30 in the morning!  We decided next summer might be a better time to try again.  :)  We'll see.    







4 comments:

The Wells Family said...

i think you just confirmed my longing to NOT go camping this fall...emma kate would love it - maylee is another story. miss you guys!

Morgan said...

kirbie is really good at posing for pictures!
and i'm sure Luke thought that 3:30am was a perfectly reasonable time to go home!

Ashley said...

I am not into camping unless it means there is a bathroom AND cabin. TL isn't all that into going out into the wilderness, so I don't think I have to worry about that. I love love love reading your blog! I tell TL all about your puppy and baby chronicles, and make him look at all the pictures. Take care and stay warm.

The Hintzs said...

Oh no! I commend you for trying to camp in the fall!:) Is it too soon to laugh at the whole situation?!