Saturday, June 12, 2010

Yesterday's crazy adventure


Yesterday Michael came home around 7:30am, just as Luke and I were eating our cereal with the rest of the day off! An awesome surprise for all of us! We were talking about what we had going for the day and discussed doing yard and house work when Michael said wait, "let me see if the Cubs are playing."
Sure enough they were and even better, it was the Cubs vs. White Sox series. After some contemplation and a check of the weather we decided to go for it. Michael's schedule in his second year (which starts July 1st) is quite intense and with a new addition to our family coming VERY soon we decided this was a great time to try such a spontaneous excursion.
Now for those of you that don't live around here, Chicago is not exactly quick drive from GR. :) But we made it with plenty of time for the game at 1:30 with just a few potty breaks (for me and Luke). We even snuck in a stop at the Michigan City Outlet mall. Strategic planning on my part no doubt.
We got some awesome tickets from a scalper right behind home plate and we all enjoyed seeing a game like that where they were both "home" teams. After the game we walked around Wrigleyville for a while and then headed to our favorite Chicago pizza place, Oven Grinders. Delish as always and by then it was 8:00 MI time so we started the drive back. All in all it was an awesome, yet a little bit crazy, day trip but one we will definitely remember.

Oh, and I added a belly pic at the bottom for good measure. I got some comments about the golfing pictures not looking like I was pregnant so here's proof she's definitely growing in there. :)









































4 comments:

the deKorne family said...

How FUN!!!! WAY TO GO! I love spontaneous adventures like that! Good job taking advantage of only one kiddo. And I love your shirt! You are the cutest thing ever. :)

amberWIRE said...

That is so fun and spontaneous! I love it! Chicago Pizz and oven Grinder Co is our FAVORITE!! I love the guy at the door who doesn't take names but remembers everyone! I agree with Heidi - you are the cutest and I also heart your red shirt.

My Bottle's Up! said...

31 weeks and you look like that?!?!? 31 weeks and people are questioning your pregnancy?!?!?

HAHAHAHA!!!!! what i would GIVE to hide a 31 week pregnant belly.

xoxo!!!

Stefanie said...

So proud of you guys for being spontaneous!! What an awesome day!