Wednesday, June 23, 2010

A Santa Barbara wedding

Like I said already, the wedding could not have been any more beautiful and was so special that it was at Lauren's (the bride's) Aunt and Uncle's house. They had the ceremony in front of the house and the reception in the back complete with an awesome salsa band.

I have to admit I was a bit nervous about how Luke would do as a ring bearer but I'm proud to say he did AWESOME! He walked down the aisle all by himself with just a brief hesitation to stop and see where I went and he even walked up to hand Michael the rings right on cue in the middle of the ceremony. I was really proud! We also couldn't get him off the dance floor the whole night which came as a surprise to me. :)

Matthew and Lauren looked sooo happy and it made celebrating them so much fun! I was too chicken to toast at the rehearsal dinner but I wish I would have gotten up to say how excited I am to have a "sister-in-love!" Vacations and holidays with the Merrick's will be so much fun with another girl around to even up the numbers a bit. :) So welcome to the family, Lauren, and congratulations to the newest Mr. and Mrs. Merrick!









No comments: