Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Stomach Virus 1, Merrick family 0




As I said in my last post, my dad had a work conference in Chicago at the beginning of last week so we jumped at the chance to go spend some time with DeeDee and Billy.  I LOVE Chicago and the weather turned out perfectly but our health....that's another story.

We got there on Saturday and enjoyed a looooong walk to lunch at a Chicago staple, Oven Grinders, and then walked some more to the zoo, and a fun park.  After that it was downhill in a hurry and I don't want to get into too many details, but thank the Lord for my wonderful mom!  She came through in the clutch and ended up driving me and the kids home on Tuesday when I could barely hold my head up.   We did squeeze a little shopping in, and the highlight of Luke's trip was definitely the Disney store.   It was a trip to remember (errr...maybe forget) but I was just thankful for time with them.

Here was one bit of sweetness caught on video:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that sort of kid laughter just makes me grin from ear to ear - the stomach virus, not so much. So sorry!