Yesterday was a good day, all the way around, in the Merrick household. We've been struggling to fight off the stomach bug that hit ALL four of us (and my Dad) after our visit to see them in Chicago (which I still need to blog about). So, I was a bit down in the dumps going in to Mother's Day but it turned out to be a great day! With the kids still pretty germy we decided to forgo church and have a family brunch at one of our favorite places around the corner (Omelette Shoppe to be specific).
The rest of the day included but was not limited to: a pedicure for me, cards, flowers, some gardening/playing outside, and pizza at another favorite, Big Bob's. I felt loved.
I hope all of you mom's out there had a great day being spoiled too. It's the hardest, most humbling job in the world but I wouldn't trade it for anything. Even after the week we've had, and it's been a doozie! :)
Monday, May 9, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
I love everything about this post!
This is great :) I especially love Luke gardening in his undies! So glad you all had a wonderful day :) And weird, because we went to Big Bob's for dinner that night too!
Post a Comment