Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Vancouver Island, Canada

The first stop on our "coast to coast tour" was Vancouver Island so I thought I'd recap that one first.  It was so beautiful and we had a wonderful time with Michael's family.  Just a few ways we spent our time: playing golf, relaxing, playing poker, throwing rocks, finding sand dollars, and running marathons. 

Oh, I didn't mean to brush over that last one so nonchalantly. No, I didn't run but Michael and Matthew did the whole and Jonothan, Robert, and Kellie ran the half!   They all did so great and I was so proud of how well Michael and Matthew finished.  They weren't nearly as wiped out as I thought they would be afterwards.   It made me want to do another one someday but certainly not in the too near future.  

Michael's mom's parents came as well and it was so fun to spend some time with them.  Nanny is quite the poker player I might add.  :)   The whole trip was such a treat.   

Here are some pics of our adventures.  




3 comments:

Jen said...

oh Kim! Luke is precious! I bet you're having so much fun with him during your days :) I can only imagine how exhausting that will be...i'm already tired with Eden and she still sleeps a ton!

Morgan said...

just when I think it isn't possible for luke to get cuter...he does.

miss you. let's talk soon!

themerricks said...

Thanks jen and morgan. he is a bundle of fun but whoa, can we say high maintenance sometimes. :)