Sunday, May 3, 2009

On the road

After early morning goodbyes with our families and a looooooong day of traveling, Michael, Luke and I are in Amarillo, TX for the night. Right now I am doing surprisingly well emotionally since it feels more like we're going on a vacation than moving across the country. I'm sure it will hit me harder when we are headed to Michigan and not back home.

As a married couple, Michael and I have now driven this route from Houston to Telluride FOUR times and this is our first time to stop in the middle.  Praise the Lord we did this time though. Traveling with a VERY active fifteen month old is a whole new ball game folks!  :)  Luke was a major champ today and didn't ever get too fussy thanks to a long stop at Walmart in Vernon, TX.   We should be in Telluride by early tomorrow evening.  More to come of our adventure....

No comments: