Saturday, June 2, 2012

Med Stock Reunion 2012

The summer of the road trip was kicked off for us last weekend when we braved the open road with our three children (one 6 week old) and drove down to Asheville, NC for a reunion with our best buddies from med school.   The kids did awesome in the car (better than me at times) and it was totally worth the 15 hours when we got there and saw everyone.

We rented this unbelievable house called the Greystone Manor on Lake Lure that more than comfortably housed us all.  I think we could have fit 20 more people in there easily. A little side note-Dirty Dancing was filmed on the lake it was on.
The Manor
The rental included the use of a pontoon boat so we spent a lot of our time out there as you can see by this picture overload:


 Ice cream sandwiches.  Have I mentioned how much I miss Bluebell?
 Me and my little buddies


 We also did a lot of relaxing on the porch
and in the hot tub.
Luke made a new buddy, Will (Mark and Amy's little boy)

And we're hoping this little romance continues :) 

How cute is he?
 Some more relaxing on the boat
and a little night time cruising
 Kendall did a little of this
And a little of this (Thanks MK) 
 The Mu Epsilon Delta brothers (Their make believe fraternity) Ha.
 The Sigma Tau Deltas (the sorority the guys made up for us) How sweet?
Amy, Amy, me, and Mary Kendall
 We got to celebrate Scott's 30th birthday together with an awesome, from scratch red velvet cake made by Mark Kendall.  
And we even got waited on by our very own, Dr. Estrera :)


We were so blessed with such wonderful friends during med school and we sure miss all of them.  I'm hoping that these reunions become an annual tradition and I'm crossing my fingers that a lot of us will be heading back to Texas in the not too distant future. 

Note: I snagged a few of these pictures from MK and the Amy's blogs because I didn't document as much as I would have liked.  Thanks girls.

1 comment:

Team Trevino said...

Just stole all your pics of the kids! Miss you guys.
xoxoxo