Monday, July 27, 2009

green thumb

I've been in a bit of a blog slump lately so I thought I'd spruce it up a bit and invite you all to see what we have growing in the backyard. Exciting I know!  :)  If you'll remember I wrote a while back about Michael's new found love of gardening.  Well, since his schedule has picked up a little bit at work (when he planted the garden his schedule was non-existent so insert sarcasm there) I have had to pick up his slack in the garden.  I'd say I'm doing a pretty good job and surprisingly pretty excited about it.  

Everyday I get such a kick out of going back there to see what has popped out over night.  We treaded lightly this year only getting a few plants just to see how we'd do but I am onboard for trying a lot more next year.  Who knew?  Dear Gardening club, I didn't think I would be interested for another 20 years, but sign me up!  :)   

How cute right?  This was my surprise today.  Can you even see the baby watermelon?

Not even sure what to do with all of those.
My little gardener (that's the watermelon plant behind him.  It's HUGE!)

1 comment:

Catherine said...

this gets me SUPER excited! I've been reading Animal, Vegetable, Miracle and it gets me really excited about trying to plant a garden. Key word: trying