Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Home at last

We're back in Houston now for a while and couldn't be happier to feel a little settled. We made it home Saturday morning from Tampa after driving through the night with all of the Gustav evacuees. It was smooth sailing all the way until we hit Beaumont and then sat in the parking lot known as I10 for four hours. :( We made it home safely Praise the Lord!

I think Michael is the most excited to be home because he was gone for a solid five weeks. He turns in his residency application today and it feels like the beginning of a very exciting next seven months or so!! We will see what the Lord has in store for the next chapter of our lives in a short time.

Luke is turning into such a big boy lately. He is a crawling machine, pulling up to standing on everything!! He's got one very sharp tooth and I think the one next to it is coming in quickly. He's babbling a lot and has started saying "Ma" when he is crawling towards me and up my legs. At first Michael didn't believe me, but he was up with him in the middle of the night a couple nights ago and came in saying "Luke wants you, and you're right, his first word is Ma."

I have been busy baby proofing and getting life back in order today. Did I say it's good to be home already? We saw both gramma's and a lot of my family last night, it was fun to let Luke show off all of his new tricks. He really is the best baby, and I'm not biased at all. :)


Here are a few more beach pictures. I've got other pictures but since this post is record length I'll make a new one. We succeeded in wearing him out before our LONG car ride home.

No comments: