Luke and I have been going to this "mommy and me" work-out class called Strollerfit for the last couple of months and have met some really great moms with babies close to Luke's age. There are a group of us with young ones and then a group with almost two year olds. I was talking to this one mom in particular who's son speaks freakishly well for his age (barely over 2) about what she did that helped him speak so clearly. She said she read to him like crazy from the day he was born. I decided that we haven't been as good about reading to him as I want to. I told Michael that I wanted to make it a habit early to read to Luke before bed every night. He thought that was a good idea too, so tonight we started our new routine.
He was in such a giggly mood so I grabbed the camera (Michael said no video camera though, he would have been embarrassed of his "voices"). Tonight was my favorite memory with our little family thus far. Michael was reading "The Three Little Pigs" and doing all of the voices very loud and exaggerated and every time he would do one Luke would lean back to look at Michael's face and CRACK UP! It was awesome! I don't think I could love this little boy any more.

We also tried prunes for the first time tonight and he loved them. Guess they'll help keep him regular. :) It was hilarious though because they were so messy!
No comments:
Post a Comment