Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Proud parents

Things at the Merrick house have been great lately. Luke just fits so perfectly into our little family. Michael and I just sit and stare at him in the evenings letting every little thing he does make us so proud. ie. burping, farting, smiling, cooing, standing (with assistance). He has started doing this thing we call "the big boy dance." I can't even begin to explain, I have it on video but I have the hardest time loading those so I will wait for Michael.

For now another photo shoot...
"I love you too Lukey."
Most people that know me well know that I am not really a dog lover. Our family dog "Oreo" (may she rest in peace) was not a fan of me nor I of hers. Whenever she would escape to the upstairs it never failed, she would pee or poop in my bathroom. Needless to say I have not been a huge fan of dogs since. I know one day this Merrick family will have a dog but Michael and I want to wait until the babes are old enough to ask for one. We'll see. It will certainly be an outside dog whenever it comes. But back to the picture. I thought my dad would appreciate seeing Luke loving on "his doggie." (I think my distaste for dogs disappoints my dad more than he lets on.)

Here he is in the rocker. I can't get over how big he is getting. Sometimes I think I can see him growing right before my eyes. :) But this puts it back in perspective. He's still just our tiny little babe.

We go to the doctor Friday for his two month check up. I am excited and sad at the same time. I can't wait to find out how much he has grown, but on the other hand he will be getting a few shots and I just know it's going to break my heart to see him scream. I've been preparing myself for a fever and/or fussiness afterwards just in case, prayers would be great!

No comments: