Greetings family, friends, and blog-stalkers,
Kim is currently in the hospital awaiting young Luke's arrival. She was admitted yesterday after having some contractions and mildly elevated blood pressure. As a result, her OB/GYN began to induce her this morning. Unfortunately her body wasn't quite ready (her cervix is only dilated 1 cm) and she is awaiting the next move. She is still having some mild contractions, but is feeling well and in good spirits.
After hearing my wife say hundreds of times, "I just want him to come out now," I finally asked her why she seemed so impatient? Her answer was simple, "I'm ready to meet him." It wasn't that she was tired of this pregnancy crap, but just that she was yearning to hold our baby.
The last 38 weeks and 5 days have been fantastic, and Kim has moved through them better than anyone could have expected. She looks fantastic (from behind you wouldn't even know she was pregnant) and she has felt well throughout. I am so proud of how well she has done! Her tremendous faith in the Lord's strong hands have carried her to this point.
Please pray in these last hours to days that Kim and Luke would continue to be safe and healthy, and that the Lord would be glorified in this birthing process. Thanks for all of your support and prayers! Stay tuned because we will be posting pictures of our son any day now!
Michael
Tuesday, January 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
hey kim,
this is shelley mason (swan)! Hope you are recovering well and that you are holding little Luke in your arms. I have been following your blog (found it from Katie's blog) and I am so excited for you guys. We just had our first in November, Miles, and he is such a joy. You can see more at coreymason.blogspot.com. Anyways, just wanted to say hey and that I'm thinking about you and if you need anything (questions) let me know. Us new moms have to stick together. I am so excited to here all about your birth story. Show us some pics! Talk to you soon,
Shelley
Post a Comment