Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Showered with Love...

I had been looking forward to Sunday for so long and now it's already come and gone. Ten wonderful women from the Woodlands (both my friend's moms and Michael's) gave the sweetest baby shower for me and Luke (well Michael too although he wasn't really invited). I was excited about all of the gear but more than that it was just so sweet how many friends of mine, my mom's, and Kellie's that came to love on us. I don't think we are going to be needing much of anything else! :)

I didn't get emotional at the shower (although my eyes do look a little red in all of the pictures), but the Lord has certainly been doing a work on my heart lately. I feel as though I could just burst with love at any minute. I have always considered myself a sensitive and emotional girl (not ready to call myself a woman just yet) but this baby making thing brings on a whole new meaning to those words. I just feel so honored that the Lord has chosen Michael and me to raise one of His precious children. I just can't wait to meet him.



Our apartment looks like we had a baby gear explosion. Now I'm in even more serious nesting mode. I'm trying to take it easy because I have been alot more physically tired but there's just so much I want to do. I will put up a picuture of the finished nursery hopefully after this weekend. For now, look at the explosion that occured.


The swing was one of my favorite presents. I can't hardly stand waiting to have little Luke sit in it. For the time being I have a stand-in. :) I want his name to be Lovey. Another sweet thing the hostesses did was ask everyone to bring a book to start Luke's library. I loved that!






1 comment:

The Wells Family said...

luke is going to Love his swing..and his lovey. but mainly his swing. michael is going to love it more....emma kate slept in her swing many a nights.