Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Telluride, how I love thee

We had a blast in Telluride the first week of February with almost my whole family.  We sure missed Uncle Craig, but it was pretty awesome we were almost all able to get away for a week together in the mountains.  The fact that Telluride got dumped on with three feet of snow a day before we got there wasn't so bad either.  Here's my best attempt at a recap in pictures:

We successfully got all 5 on a sled.  Ha!  Poor Noah had enough.

Pretty Val and precious Blake

Heading in for some hot-tubing 
I LOVE Blake's smile in this picture.  I had to post it even though he was the only one enjoying the photoshoot :) 
 Luke and Noah dug the sledding
And so did Aunt Lisa ;)  Ha. 
Kendall really enjoyed herself too
 Walking in ski boots is tough stuff.  It's much better on Dad's shoulders

 Billy being a good sport
 DeeDee, Billy and the grands
 A little down time with the iPad
 Noah even tried a little skiing :)  
 found a little hiding spot,
 and cuddled up next to Blake a few times.  Blake was less than thrilled.
Luke really took to skiing this year.  It was so fun to watch him fly down the mountain.
Some ski lift fun

 Getting some pointers from Billy
After a successful run
 Thanks to Mom and Val for watching all five kiddos one afternoon we got to do a little couples boarding/skiing. 
And another night the guys let us go into town for a girls' night!  What a treat!
 I'm pretty sure this is my favorite kind of vacation.  The perfect amount of activity and relaxation all wrapped up in the most beautiful scenery I could imagine.  It was a fantastic trip!