Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Telluride

I'm sure I'm just beating a dead horse, but the weather around the country lately has been crazy!  Last Monday Michael came home from work very concerned that we may not get to fly out to Telluride on Wednesday as planned because of the impending blizzard.  I was so glad he thought ahead enough to have us look at flying out a day early because the blizzard proved to be a real doozy.   The kids and I flew out Tuesday morning and met my mom in Montrose after a crazy long day spent in the Denver airport.  Then we just hoped that Michael and my dad would be able to meet us out there the next day.  

Unfortunately Michael didn't ever make it out there because by the time the blizzard passed and flights resumed he didn't have enough time to make all of the travel worth it.  It was such a bummer and we sure missed him but the kids and I were glad to have such a special week with DeeDee and Billy.

Luke tried skiing for the first time.  He was very proud of himself and did pretty awesome considering he's only 3! :)  


DeeDee and Langley matching
 Me and my little snow bunny
 Billy and Luke went sledding a couple of times. 

 Me and my buddy wearing matching helmets
 We love DeeDee and Billy!  

Thanks for loving and spoiling the three of us all week. 

2 comments:

the deKorne family said...

so bummed about Michael but glad you 3 had such a fun trip. you're definitely getting your fair share of snow for a texas girl! :) love you!

Monica said...

Great Pics....so glad I got to see you. Bummed I didn't get to see the kids though. Miss you already!!