Saturday, January 10, 2009

Flying with a ONE year old

Luke's birthday isn't until Friday but I guess I can say that now. I was thinking yesterday on our flight to Michigan (yes, we are on the road AGAIN) that this little one year old has flown more times in his short life than a lot of adults. He is a very good traveler I might add.

We are here this weekend for an interview and, so far, really like everything about it. It sure is SNOWY though. I don't have a camera with me, but I got these on my phone yesterday. He did so good, but partly because the Lord blessed us with our own row! I'm thinking I should write a survival guide for plane rides with babies. If you and the baby are not crying when you deplane I would call that a successful ride!!

Just a few tips in my book would be:
1. Take apple juice.
2. Bring some kind of treat (food) that they haven't had before - ie. chocolate covered pretzels
3. Bring some new toys or ones they haven't played with in a while.
4. Go to the bathroom and let them move around a bit in there if you get desperate (I know that's gross but remember, survival people).
5. Try not to use any of your tricks -food, juice or toys- until you have taken off.
6. Pray you have understanding people sitting near you.

2 comments:

Kelly Owen said...

Hilarious! I think it'd be a best seller. (If not, I'd still buy it.)

Jen said...

I think that's great advice! I'll be sure to remember those :)